Monday, December 29, 2008

Baby Girl Turns 1

I have to admit that the first 4 months were not as pleasant as I thought they would be. I had visions of cuddling my new child, putting her down for a nap, getting a cup of coffee, and doing some reading. Hah ... more like sleep deprivation and diaper blow outs. There was even a stretch of 3 days I didn't brush my teeth, not out of laziness ... I just plain forgot.

Then came the following 6 months ... I must quote the wise words of Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber ... and totally redeemed themselves! What an absolute joy Kalyn Kay has been to us ... and to everyone who knows and plays with her.

We had her birthday party a few days early. It was such a blessing to celebrate with our family (doting grandparents and uncle) and best friends. I can't believe Kalyn's 1. Happy Birthday Sweet Pumpkin Head!

First taste of sugar ... she liked it, of course!

G-ma and Grand pa ... our neighbors and KK's friends.

She is all smiles.

She loved the balloons as much as presents.

Our wonderful family and friends.

6 comments:

josh said...

Great Job on the party!!! Thanks for having us (sorry to invite myself). What a blessing to celebrate KK's 1st birthday with you all.

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Sometimes I don't really miss those newborn days, either. I think I brushed my teeth every day...sometimes only once...but the shower thing killed me. I smelled like spit up (probably because it was in my hair) and couldn't find time to shower so many times. Yuck!

But YAH Happy birthday to the princess!

Rachael Schepemaker said...

I love the photo tribute. Such a good mommy you are!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kayln! You are one special, cute little lady!!

Dana said...

Happy Birthday Kaylin! Keep your parents on their toes!

The first birthday party should really be for the parents for surviving the first year. :) Enjoy year #2.

Anonymous said...

So sad we couldn't be there for Kalyn's B-Day in person, but we will celebrate belated in March.

P.S. Tell the little peanut that her present is "in the mail."

We Love You...The Texas Paulsons.